Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Possible step back
We have been told that you will essentially take 1 step forward and 3 steps back during our NICU stay. Thankfully, Liam has been doing so well we haven't had to go backwards yet.
Today we were told that due to his blood counts they think he may be developing another infection. However, we were told it was super common due to the lines coming out of his belly button. They decided it was best to move forward with antibiotics just in case and we will see if the culture grows anything. I hope everything turns out just fine like it did when we had an infection shortly after delivery.
Due to the possible infection, Clint and I decided it was best that we don't hold him today just to play it safe. Liam was still adorable as ever today, I can't wait till the next time I get to hold him.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment